• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 29, 2019

    RuneScape Silly Question Sunday - 29 December

    RuneScape Silly Question Sunday - 29 December


    Silly Question Sunday - 29 December

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 04:09 PM PST

    Silly Question Sunday is a bi-weekly thread in which you can ask your RuneScape-related silly questions:

    • "Newb" questions from new players
    • Questions from returning players
    • Silly or nonsensical questions
    • Questions you feel stupid asking elsewhere

    Of course, a question thread wouldn't make much sense without answers, so please help out with any answers that you have!

    Past Silly Question Sunday threads

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    OMG! Finally Dudey got BARREL !!!

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 11:47 AM PST

    Demon horn necklace in weapon slot?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 06:00 AM PST

    Invention Machines are Flawed

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 12:09 PM PST

    Why is it that we can't turn off/on machines we intend to use for the charge? Why is it we have to remove (destroy) our machine in order to get a new efficient machine that we may need. It seems like a very flawed concept considering you gave us 6 slots, but theres no way to use all 6 if you want to be even semi-efficient. Would love to see a patch fix this and actually make them realistic to what they should be

    submitted by /u/mitzi86
    [link] [comments]

    They are real (spirit trees)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 12:51 PM PST

    Anyone else activating abilities while typing in the chat box?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:45 AM PST

    Driving me nuts. I've submitted a bug report just curious if I'm the only one

    submitted by /u/iamjordanbecker
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of jumping from osrs to rs3

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 12:21 PM PST

    I have a nearly maxed osrs account and haven't played rs3 since EoC release. I never gave it a fair shot and thinking about getting back into it as osrs content is getting stale to me. How is RS3 for a new player? I have like 700M osrs gold and I plan to swap some of it to rs3 if I do make the jump. I'm just intimidated by how much has changed over the years and I would be starting from level 3 so I'm worried it will take me forever to catch up to current content. Also, is RS3 as pay to win as everyone says it is?

    submitted by /u/IxionX
    [link] [comments]

    Give Herald 120 ranged cape

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 01:00 AM PST

    More scaley bois, Varanusaurs edition.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 01:58 PM PST

    Archaeology Warforge Lorefail: Zanik

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:14 PM PST

    For some confirmation by Jmods:

    https://twitter.com/JagexRowley/status/1207735358164754435

    When Archaeology comes out, one of the locations you can do the Archaeologist stuff at is going to be the Warforge.

    Now Jmods have decided to bring back Zanik .... yet again.

    For the love of Guthix and Gowers ... please pick virtually any other NPC.

    There is a LOT of backstory to Zanik. I reccomend that the Jmods start bookmarking the Runescape Wiki since the RS Wiki Editors seem to do a better job of keeping Runescape's story straighter than the so called "lore council"

    https://runescape.wiki/w/Zanik

    In Zanik's backstory, during the events of Death to the Dorgeshuun, Zanik died and was revived.

    During the Events of World Event 2, Bird and the Beast, Bandos died.

    During the events of The Mighty Fall, Zanik herself confirms that with the death of Bandos, she too is dying as it was a part of Bandos that brought her back. Now, in the end of The Mighty Fall, the player is given 2 options:

    - option 1) Zanik lives and she leads, for a time, many of the Bandosians back to the Goblin homeworld to rediscover themselves (or such things)

    - option 2) The player character rams a Kyzaj into her body and killing her outright

    During the events of Nomad's Elegy we learn that regardless of whichever choice we made, Zanik DIED. Yes, at the end of the quest, Death gives Zanik and the Player a choice of "reviving her for a short time" ... but it comes with a duty: To Protect the Soul Obelisk in Soul Wars. So again, the player has 2 choices:

    - option 1) Zanik stays dead

    - option 2) she gets to come back "for a few years" but has to mostly do what Nomad and Zimberfizz did

    True, with option 2, she does get to have a few little adventures, but she is left protecting an important thingy in a dead minigame.

    So .... the developers have decided to bring back an NPC that for a number of players is either:

    - dying

    - on the Goblin homeworld playing Big High War Goddess

    - dead

    - still in the afterlife

    - stuck guarding a seemingly important artifact

    ON TOP OF THAT .... Zanik is not an archaeologist.

    Adventurer? Yes. Ranger? Most certainly. Frankly, anyone of a number of things ... but not necessarily the best NPC to choose as the authority on the Warforge ... or at least ... not a living authority.

    Now, there are NPCs that can be used:

    Zarador

    Tegdak who is an actual Cave Goblin Archaeologist https://runescape.wiki/w/Tegdak

    An unknown Cave Goblin archaeologist

    A spirit of a former Goblin High Priest

    A shard/memory of Bandos himself

    Don't get me wrong, Zanik can still be tied to this as the catalyst behind whatever archaeologist gets involved.

    Between the events of Chosen Commander and The Mighty Fall, Zanik does find some scraps of information related the Warforge on some Bandosian parchments or something. Then, after Bandos dies, Zanik has a rush of memories, some of which are related to the Warforge (and other Bandosian topics) and she is unwillingly compelled to write down the information into one of several journals. These journals (along with the contents of her own PoH library) are bequeathed to her friends (namely Oldak). In time, these journals are given to the archaeologist.

    After the events of Nomad's Elegy, she *somehow* sends a message to Grubfoot (in a dream if dead, letter if alive) for Grubfoot to take the archaeologist and a pair of Ghostspeak amulets to some remote location. There they find a ghost of a goblin that escaped the Warforge. It reluctantly agrees to share information in exchange for being buried on the goblin homeworld (ala Goblin High Priest miniquest, the cave goblins would have access via Oldak's portal in the cave goblin slayer cave, or just using the portal near Bandos' remains). The information adds a first hand account of the Warforge but only a vague location (Ogre area, near coast).

    Finally, the archaeologist is invited (post The Mighty Fall) to learn about Bandosian culture by Zarador. There, the Bandosian library/archives (or what there is) again, mentions the Warforge.

    The Archaeologist concedes that the Warforge did in fact exist, but that thousands of years later is likely destroyed due to time. Then shelves the research as some banal Bandosian history that no one will ever care about.

    Few days later, the Archaeologist learns about the discovery of the Warforge in the Feldip Hills. (https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/a=13/archaeology-journal-warforge) Then begins to reach out to Professor Tony.

    submitted by /u/sir_eos_lee
    [link] [comments]

    All these ghosts....

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:20 PM PST

    Are we getting a Data Stream for Slayer and Boss kills this year?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 01:33 PM PST

    And all the other stuff usually discussed?

    Honestly wish we had highscores for this stuff like OSRS so we wouldn't have to wait 1 year between being updated on this info.

    submitted by /u/CoolSarn
    [link] [comments]

    Could we ever get something like Mimic Kill Token, but for Raid Resets?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 03:14 AM PST

    I would like to see something like the rarity of the MKT (and the way we receive MKT), but in the form of a raid reset token. Even if it could only be used to reset one boss, and not the whole raid.

    I would see it working better as a non-tradeable item. I'm also not sure of how many times you could use them in one day. But that's getting technical. I'm just more interested in getting something like this in the game. Raids have always had this dilemma about reward lockouts. Trying to get any set of achto has been a 2+ year mission now. At this rate I'll be dead/bored of RS before I complete the 3 sets.

    submitted by /u/DK_Son
    [link] [comments]

    I was scammed today, smartest scam I've seen...

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:58 PM PST

    A man approached me in prif (120 herb, phat, etc...), asking if I could buy some items for him since he hit limit. He first had me buy 1000 cut onyx and paid me a little over for them. Then he had me buy a 2 dose juju mining potion, which he was manipulating the price for. Little did I know at the time that there are so few going into the market that he could put the sell for 400k+ so when I sold one, it made me think the price was actually that much. Once I bought 1000 of them for him at that price, I knew it was too late. I instantly knew that I messed up. I'm not writing this to complain, but to warn people that there really are scumbags out there that make their money by scamming players. I consider myself to be a decently smart individual, but for some reason this caught me off guard. In the end, losing a few hundred mil is not the end of the world, I'm just dissapointed in myself for falling for this. Be smart people, learn from my stupid mistake...

    Edit: NOT a new scam, I just had not seen it before, really caught me off guard

    submitted by /u/Hastings_I
    [link] [comments]

    Why does death not reset the adrenaline potion cool down?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 01:58 AM PST

    Basically title

    submitted by /u/Thevulgarcommander
    [link] [comments]

    Up there with the legends

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:21 PM PST

    PSA: Dragon Rider Amulet 2x XP does not work during the 1.1x Bonus XP event

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:58 PM PST

    I just wasted a bit over 400 charges on my Brawling Gloves (Prayer) before realizing that the XP was not being doubled by my Dragon Rider Amulet. My XP gain was the same with and without the amulet equipped.

    It's stupid how the 2x XP bonus is disabled in favor of a 1.1x XP bonus.

    submitted by /u/xnetexe
    [link] [comments]

    NXT causing static hardware sound

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 03:01 PM PST

    Hello!

    I've had a weird buzzing sound (static-y) when playing Runescape. Recently I've returned to the game and noticed it as no other game has this issue. I've searched up a few previous threads and noticed others having the same issue. As I am running an Rtx 2080 I doubted that it is the graphics card.

    After doing troubleshooting I noticed that turning off 'Anti-Aliasing Mode' and 'Ambient Occlusion' fixed the issue. I just thought I'd leave this here for anyone in the future having the same issue as the sound can get very annoying!

    (Although this does not totally fix the issue, it definitely does quieten it down to the point where I can't hear it unless in really texture-populated areas)

    submitted by /u/JenGAMER
    [link] [comments]

    Legendary wisdom aura not showing up as blue ball?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 10:57 AM PST

    Hi,

    I purchased the legendary wisdom aura. However when I activate it, it gives the same yellow glow that other non-legendary auras do. For example, supreme wisdom https://runescape.wiki/w/Supreme_wisdom_aura

    The wiki page on legendary wisdom aura shows that it appears as a blue orb https://runescape.wiki/w/Legendary_wisdom_aura

    Is there something wrong with my settings or has the visual effect been changed?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/RobinInTheWind
    [link] [comments]

    Bank interface makes the mobile version crash

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:02 PM PST

    Whenever I open my bank on mobile the game crashes. The game runs smoothly otherwise but this has been an issue I have had for a long time.

    Has anyone else had this happening? Anyway I can fix it?

    submitted by /u/Killeriiz
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if Penut Labs(TH) support is off for the holidays?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 01:46 PM PST

    Just some context, I did a few rewards which I had to install things and I didn't get all the keys I should have so a day or two later I sent a message to ask for the points.

    One day later I get a response saying they had a chance to review it and next time I login I should have the keys in my balance. It may take 24 hours.

    Okay cool, so I wait for like 36 hours then I send another email, because their email ends with, if keys are not on account within 24h, reply to email.

    No reply. By this time it is Xmas eve so I'm figuring okay maybe they're gone for Xmas celebrations.

    So I send another one the day after Boxing Day and still no replies or keys on my account.

    Plus I even put in a new ticket through my account to make sure it was getting to an agent each time.

    Do these take a long time usually or are they on vacation still?

    By the way Penut Labs is the treasure hunter earn keys system. Thanks !

    submitted by /u/DeyMysterio
    [link] [comments]

    AFK Money Making Tips

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 11:20 AM PST

    Looking for everyone's suggestions for some AFK money making methods. If it also levels a skill that's great, and I'm not overly concerned with maximizing profit. Just looking for something that I can do easily to make some money while doing something else.

    submitted by /u/laymo28
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment