• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 14, 2020

    RuneScape Silly Question Sunday - 14 June

    RuneScape Silly Question Sunday - 14 June


    Silly Question Sunday - 14 June

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Silly Question Sunday is a bi-weekly thread in which you can ask your RuneScape-related silly questions:

    • "Newb" questions from new players
    • Questions from returning players
    • Silly or nonsensical questions
    • Questions you feel stupid asking elsewhere

    Of course, a question thread wouldn't make much sense without answers, so please help out with any answers that you have!

    Past Silly Question Sunday threads

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Jagex response regarding reset requests

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    Even my family thinks I'm a noob... Rip

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    Why does the 120 Archaeology message say "virtual"? It's an official 120 skill there's nothing virtual about it.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Cockroach Soldiers are Cash Cows

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    This is sort of a PSA for those who don't know or aren't taking advantage of the drops from cockroach soldiers.

    For their most common drops: 681gp per carapace on the GE. And FAT STACKS of gold (I've gotten stacks from 5-320 on multiple occasions)

    Then, they have the tendency to drop mithril and adamantite stone spirits (for mining if you want to add a step). Along with that, they occasionally drop uncut gems (sapphires and emeralds).

    Then, there's the Salvage metal they drop. Most commonly, these are small mithril plate pieces, but they will occasionally drop rune salvage pieces.

    This adds to the combat levels you can grind against them, and the fact that they are found in Edgeville (really close the Exchange). And they're in single-combat zones, so no swarming.

    Just to give you all an idea, I've made over 100K in the span of an hour or two. Plus, at higher levels, there's not really any risk to this venture.

    So, if you haven't gone through the old jail under the school in Edgeville, I highly recommend going there (recommend being level 40+).

    submitted by /u/PJrama18
    [link] [comments]

    Jagex, What happened to the Security updates planned to be released for 2020?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    So not all the merch on the Jagex store is that great.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    Lucky af Maul that I'll never use. Shit tier PvMer

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    So I heard Magister is popular now... 25 Khopesh Crafted.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    New record?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    [Tool] Quest Planner

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! Recently I have returned to RuneScape and I am really enjoying my time. Almost Maxed again, woo!

    Anyway! As of recent, my girlfriend also picked up RuneScape more seriously. I told her to try and set the goal of completing Plague's End (as many before us have probably done..)

    Now, while she was looking for the quest requirements, the Wiki is very limited to the long-term goal. You have to click through all sub-quests to know the actual requirements for the quest. For instance; The Temple at Senntisten only has a 50 prayer level requirement. But as you might know, the quests preceding it have their own requirements as well.

    But hey, the data is there; so there's probably a tool.. Right? Well, I couldn't really find anything that lists all requirements in such a way. Sooooo, I created one myself! Enter quest-planner!

    https://github.com/AcidVenom/quest-planner/releases/tag/v1.01

    You simply launch the tool, look up the quest in the list (sorted alphabetically -- not 100% correctly when the name starts with "The", but oh well) and then enter that number. A page should pop up in your browser with all the quest, quest points, skill and other requirements.

    I provide no guarantees that all data is there; but feel free to send me a message or reply here if you find any issues (:

    The source code is obviously available as well: https://github.com/AcidVenom/quest-planner
    It's messy code, but I made this during Archaeology.. :D

    --

    I'll probably not really work that much on this tool as long as it fits my own use-case, but I am open for suggestions if they're simple enough! For instance, something like a RuneMetrics look-up would work really nicely, along with saving of which checkbox were ticked like on the Wiki.

    --

    P.S. if anybody already knew about a tool like this, don't be afraid to let everyone know!

    Also.. I think I compiled the binaries with .NET 4.7, so that might not work on all machines..

    --

    I also found out anything that includes "optional" quests is not appropriately filtered, Children of Mah for instance takes a very long time to query; as it goes through the entirety of Ritual of the Mahjarrat, multiple times.. Whoops. (And of course, those requirements are not listed as optional, which is kind of misinformative) EDIT: Fixed, still listing optional quests however

    submitted by /u/PlagueCow
    [link] [comments]

    Fascinating View

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    Reminder that artifact balance for 3-artifact spots is still terrible

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    Reminder that artifact balance for 3-artifact spots is still terrible

    https://preview.redd.it/ztmygaxypx451.png?width=988&format=png&auto=webp&s=a7ea367fe8de80ad593804faf2f4e63534708c78

    Here are some suggested solutions. Note that probably any one of these alone would solve the problem, yet Jagex seems to refuse to change the current terrible system for some reason.

    • Make artifacts from a spot tradeable with other artifacts from the same spot (like elite skilling outfit pieces)
    • Instead of tracking only the last 5 artifacts that the player have obtained, track the total number of each artifact that the player has obtained
    • Make Fixate charge accumulable: you gain 3 charges every day, but if you did not use them, they carry over to the next day, up to a week (21 charges)
    • Get extra Fixate charges as you level up: at 105, 110, 115, 120, you gain an extra Fixate charge per day, so at 120 you should have 7 charges per day.
    • Remove Fixated-artifacts from tracking: artifacts obtained from Fixate do not count towards the 5 last artifacts tracked
    submitted by /u/1ryb
    [link] [comments]

    Different action bars for mobile

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    Is it possible to get an extra couple of action bars for mobile use. As I'm at my limit for bars that I use on computer and I find I will need a additional bar to switch to on mobile if I say want to hybrid or have an additional set of abilities for the last phase of ambassador when I need to use debil and reflect and devotion.

    submitted by /u/Tabosofaus
    [link] [comments]

    Another Mobile Visual Bug. Did my daily keys, and a prismatic star appeared as these gloves as well.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    Starting in 2020

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    I knew about the game for the longest time but never tried it. Now that I want to try it I have a few questions.

    1. Should I play RuneScape or Old school RuneScape?
    2. How hard is it to get into it?
    3. Do I need Membership?
    submitted by /u/Muffin444
    [link] [comments]

    When you're insecure about your dps.

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    36 Defence needed for a teleport? Really? The gloves don't even require level 36. What's with the random, arbitrary requirements in the game? Without telling me "lol just get the level" can anyone explain a reason for this requirement?

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    Archaeology Digisite: The Falador Massacre

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    Just like the title says. I think Jagex could have a field day with it, while giving us old veterans a good laugh.

    What artifacts/materials/mysteries would you want to see here?

    submitted by /u/masonjwhite
    [link] [comments]

    Awkward request from a returning player

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    Hello, I started playing runescape around 15 years ago but haven't played in a few years so I made a new account a couple of months ago because of lockdown and am enjoying the game again but have run into a little problem. I am autistic and I don't know anyone who still plays runescape and have no idea how to make new friends in game and I don't know where to find a clan I could join where people are nice.

    I like pretty much all activities in the game but would love to know some people I could chat with and maybe try out a couple of the easier bosses together just so the game feels less lonely. I'm not great at PvM though, more... enthusiastic, though I do want to get better.

    If anyone would like to add me to just chat about stuff or do an activity together then I would really appreciate you either adding me in game ( I am called Voshutho) or maybe posting here, or just any advice on how to meet other scapers would be massively appreciated because I am lost at the minute.

    Thank you for reading!

    submitted by /u/Voshutho
    [link] [comments]

    Dimensions of Disaster playthrough - all in game sounds no commentary

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 09:05 AM PDT

    Nothing Fancy - Masterwork Bar Calc

    Posted: 14 Jun 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    Nothing Fancy - Masterwork Bar Calc

    Maybe useful for some trying to calculate profit or something. Or just to keep track when smithing masterwork. :) It's an excel. If anyone wants to get fancy an add a spot where you can enter in the GE prices quicker than editing the formulas, that would be neat. I just don't have time. Made this quickly so I can keep track.

    https://docdro.id/ueHr22B

    https://preview.redd.it/tvw00knyix451.png?width=333&format=png&auto=webp&s=c2628ee972e9806d459bbcd5e3d7f86e8d21957c

    submitted by /u/cloud_x
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment