• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 12, 2020

    RuneScape 15 years experience to be exact

    RuneScape 15 years experience to be exact


    15 years experience to be exact

    Posted: 12 May 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Returned to RuneScape four days ago and heard about May's Quest Caravan. My friend took the screenshot. Welcome back to me!

    Posted: 12 May 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    [sniffs crushed gems]

    Posted: 12 May 2020 01:41 PM PDT

    "DXP was so much better when i didn't sleep for 72hrs"

    Posted: 12 May 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    When someone says "carded" in w77

    Posted: 12 May 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Why is decanting at War so much friendlier than MG?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    TL;DW 483 - Ninja Team Q&A

    Posted: 12 May 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    Vod


    Ninja Team

    3 Developers & 2 QA & 1 Lead

    Mod Abe | Mod Breezy | Mod Chaose | Mod Erator | Mod Kalaya | Mod Shogun

    3 Advisers/Assistance

    Mod Dorn | Mod Kari | Mod Timbo


    General Structure

    Goal: Improve Quality of Life so playing the game feels really good.

    Work Model

    • Ninja Team - Kanban - Work from the top of the backlog which is constantly reprioritzed.
      • Example: Mage of Zamorak or Grace of the Elves improvements.
    • Other Teams - Scrum - Commit to doing work over 2 weeks with no change in plan.

    Re-Creation

    Towards the end of last year we approached Mod Warden to bring back the Ninja team as it used to be. Over the Christmas period we worked together to decide what the team would do. Then around mid-February we came together and start producing Ninja strikes.

    Philosophy

    • Look at doing as many improvements on a specific project at once so we don't have to constantly revisit it.
      • Example: All the graphical improvements to tool-belt interfaces.
    • If it's quick enough we'll do it otherwise it could be forwarded to another team or something we revisit in the future.

    Graphical Work

    • Ranch Out of Time improvements (stormbarn), came from the Dojo.
    • The environment team wanted to do the area properly rather than just add the stormbarn.
    • It's not something we can do too often.

    Internal Play Tests

    • Non-Themed strikes - Play it as an individual and make a list of improvements and how long they'd take.
    • Themed strikes - Play it as a group from the players' perspectives and make a huge list of improvements and prioritize them.
    • We gather player input as well when recording improvements.

    Ninja Dojo

    https://rs.game/ninja

    If you have a QoL improvement you'd like to make fill out a form and send it to us.

    • We go through them every day and have a look at them.
    • On Tuesday/Wednesday we look at the most recent submissions first.

    Stats

    • 4,907 total submissions (seen 3,000)
    • Daily Average - 20-30 | Day of Strike #4 - 503

    Player Advocacy Groups (PAG)

    #1 Ninja Team Recon - Lead by The RS Guy

    The RS Guy alongside other high level players/community members come up with problems in the game, discuss them and bring them up to see if it fits with the Ninja Team's goals/scope. This helps with prioritization and identifying key topics.

    So far it has gone extremely well. The members in the team represent people as best as they can while also making their own suggestions.

    Communication Flow

    • Hour long meeting every week alongside Mod Bolton, Mod Kalaya, and Mod Kari.
    • Use an internal sheet where we list problems and then discuss their weighting/possible solutions so they can be presented.
    • Ones that need more time/discussion are presented in a call once a week.

    Stats

    • As a group we've come up and agreed on the importance of 300 unique items and presented 250 of them.
    • Around 95% of the topics have been in the Ninja's scope or forwarded for another team.
    • Some topics were included in Strike 4.

    Other

    Known and Being Discussed

    • T92 Armor | Inquisitor Staff Pieces | Pet Sizes/Toggles

    Other

    • Quests - We do have a quest in development, keep an eye out for that.
    • More PAGs? - Not sure yet.
    submitted by /u/ImRubic
    [link] [comments]

    I am a guildmaster why is some plebian Archaeologist trying to recruit me? I should have the right to fire him from the guild

    Posted: 11 May 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    Recently made a Dungeoneering comic for a friend's character.

    Posted: 12 May 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    Please can Inquisitor staffp ieces drop in order like eldrich bow?

    Posted: 12 May 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Each dupe costs you an additional 60+ hours of skilling where you'll probably already be over 200m when getting all the pieces :/

    submitted by /u/cuteslothlife
    [link] [comments]

    Loot from 50k Revs - 8/14 pets

    Posted: 12 May 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Free 14 days of membership with Twitch Prime is live!

    Posted: 12 May 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    Make shatter 100 hitchance

    Posted: 12 May 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    or have its hitchance determined like reprisal

    submitted by /u/TheMemeScrub
    [link] [comments]

    After quitting back when the EoC was released. I finally returned...

    Posted: 12 May 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    I quit, like a lot did, when the EoC came out. When OSRS was released I played it a lot, even more so when mobile was released and never gave RS3 a second thought (even slated it if I'm honest)

    But today I decided to give it another go and damn I'm glad I did. Even though I'm still not invested in the combat, the game has changed that much that I get the feeling I first did when starting RuneScape back in 2006! It's literally like a new game to me while still being RuneScape. I've not enjoyed a game this much since back in '06. I managed to get my old account back with 99 Magic and 80ish melee stats which I'm happy about because I didn't want to start completely from scratch. But it seems majority of the game now starts at around my levels so I couldn't be happier.

    TL;DR:

    I tried RS3 after quitting for EoC and I'm definitely sticking around! Bravo!

    EDIT: if anyone wants to add me my name is "Pixel G" is love some new mates on there

    submitted by /u/joeytarantino92
    [link] [comments]

    Anachronia tier 3 spa has been broken since archaeology came out

    Posted: 12 May 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    It doesn't give the extended duration of each pool.

    submitted by /u/Rockylobsta
    [link] [comments]

    Was taking some screenshots to show off how much the game has changed since my friend last heard of it, and I thought this one was particularly artsy.

    Posted: 11 May 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Idea for Kal'gerian familiars

    Posted: 11 May 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    Summoning one makes you attackable outside of the wildy

    submitted by /u/Armadyl_1
    [link] [comments]

    Skilling on World 84

    Posted: 11 May 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    Hello Friends

    Posted: 12 May 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Hello Friends

    A long time ago my father played a ton of Runescape, after days and days of playing the beloved game he decided he didn't want to play anymore and he later passed the account down to me, Growing up being clueless to the world I saw some ad for double EXP and subsequently got the account hacked and banned, fast forward years later and my love for Runescape grew more and more, I reached out to to the wonderful support team and somehow, someway they found the account! I recovered the beloved account and felt I owed this community a big thank you, my love for this game continues to thrive! Thank you all for your time

    I know its not the most time in RS but this was years and years ago.

    submitted by /u/JasonTheExiled
    [link] [comments]

    a returning noobs gains during double experience

    Posted: 12 May 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    a returning noobs gains during double experience

    I decided to give my osrs account a break and try out rs3. I havn't really touched it since pre eoc. I had come back to try and play a few times in the past but was way to overwelmed. I joined a clan aimed at helping new players/returning players. ty Rs3 helpers for everything you've helped me with :)

    Here's my gains so far

    https://preview.redd.it/srul7blmocy41.png?width=1389&format=png&auto=webp&s=b0c2b298fae20ccaa6185e8b3d780cd1070fd434

    submitted by /u/Zibriax
    [link] [comments]

    Loot from 200m Archaeology on Ironman

    Posted: 12 May 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Broadcast Filters, Please

    Posted: 12 May 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    Come on, Jagex...

    I really would like to see my friends' broadcasts, but as the broadcast system today is nothing but a huge spam list, I need to turn it off.

    There's no reason to force players to see everybody's achievements, for me, that is boring, tiring and uninteresting (those who think differently can keep seeing all broadcast, so a filter option wouldn't affect anyone)

    Honestly I saw so many posts about that (all without answers) that I'm posting this almost without hope. Maybe you'll start hearing players or at least giving us reasons not to implement simple stuff that would improve QOL.

    submitted by /u/DanielSerpect
    [link] [comments]

    PLEASE change the Elite Task Set outfits to match with each other!

    Posted: 12 May 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/xvZblEl

    Currently the task set is a horribly mismatched jumble of pieces that don't fit well with each other. The legs have too much "green" while the plate body is a dark silver.

    Compared to OSRS, the sets look MUCH better and actually all of the easy/medium/hard/elite sets actually match with each other.

    Is it too much to ask for a graphical rework of the set so it looks somewhat nice to wear after going through all the achievements?

    submitted by /u/iamagoodcoder69
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment