• Breaking News

    Friday, June 26, 2020

    RuneScape When you're the kind of person who examines everything

    RuneScape When you're the kind of person who examines everything


    When you're the kind of person who examines everything

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Saw this pop up on chat today... Hmm...

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    Hello from Mod Hooli!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Hey 'Scapers,

    I'm Mod Hooli, the new Lead Community Manager for RuneScape here at Jagex. I'm still getting settled in right now – it's been a whirlwind few weeks already – but I wanted to drop by and say a quick hello following our stream yesterday!

    So what is a Lead CM? Simply put, it's my responsibility to guide the existing team of RS Community Managers to bring you closer to the game you love, find opportunities to bring us all together as a community, and make sure your voice is being represented to the team effectively.

    Speaking of which, I want to shout out the current team of Poerkie and Kari. Both of them do such a great job in so many areas, and I'm pretty darn excited to see what we can cook up as a group. They are super passionate, hard working people that put in some serious effort to represent player voice at the studio.

    With the team being up to strength with my arrival, we're going to take a little time to assess our next steps. How might we better balance our priorities? How do we put more time into joining your conversations ? How can we do even better at representing your discussions to the studio?

    These are the kinds of questions we're going to go away and answer as a team before we kick anything off. Being more present with the day-to-day dialogue will come pretty quickly, and over time, you'll hopefully see us do some really cool community centric stuff. As a team, I want us to not be afraid to try some new things and let you be the judge – and not be afraid to adapt if we miss the mark.

    Anyway, enough waffling! It's great to be here. Thanks for the warm welcome on stream and during that AMAZING Pride parade.

    See you in Gielinor,

    Mod Hooli

    submitted by /u/JagexHooli
    [link] [comments]

    Finally Ultimate Slayer achieved. That was an intense grind!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    My gf secretly drew my Ironman the last few nights, literally the coolest gift I’ve recieved

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:09 AM PDT

    Organized my Potion, Magic/Teleport and PvM Bank Tabs today after not being able to find a good example. Hope this helps some. I'm not a pro player so apologies if I missed something obvious.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    For 2019 Jagex brought in $137.6m (£110.9m) in revenue, an increase of 19.4 per cent compared to 2018

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    My first Telos on 4th attempt. I know it's not a 1069% Grumpy Telos kill, but I'm happy as a clam.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Logged in After 3 Years to Find This Completed Offer

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    The Blessed Flask should have a right click "fill" option

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    It's annoying to manually have to right click use on an extreme prayer and use it on the flask, the fill option on the flask should automatically pop up the dialog of "just one potion or all"

    Alternatively, there could be a Fill 1 and Fill All option separately on right click. I've already submitted this to the ninja dojo a couple months back, just really hoping one of my suggestions actually makes it into the game and seeing if people have preference one way or another.

    submitted by /u/MyCabbagesHelp
    [link] [comments]

    Ninja Request - Improve Elite Clue Scroll Variety With Existing Puzzles

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    Elite clue scrolls are notoriously tedious. In an effort to exclude clues that were typically unpopular like emote or coordinate clues, elites are now so narrow that what used to be considered good puzzles feel tired and done. But Charos is here to save us.

    Last year while unveiling the master trickster we were shown a new kind of cryptic clue with inherent variability, the Puzzle Chambers. Prefaced by a riddle to find their entrance, puzzle chambers consists of procedurally generated micro-puzzles which provide the solution state to a simple 3x3 slider puzzle. This content added to elite clues would help tremendously to break up the infinite 5x5 sliders and celtic knots.

    As for implementation, I think introducing these as a reward from Desperate Times alongside the already rewarded Clue Carrier would fit thematically. And as a nice bonus and to compensate for the complexity, getting a puzzle chamber could count as 2 steps towards clue completion.

    Tl;dr Reuse the procedurally generated puzzle chambers from Desperate Times to add variety to elite clues.

    submitted by /u/Avernic
    [link] [comments]

    Lucky Hour at Aod :)

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:08 PM PDT

    Please Hooli, save us from stone spirit hell

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    It's only gotten worse since jagex tried to fix it...

    Before i could feel bad about a 10k gp stone spirit drop, now i can feel bad about 2 different 5k gp stone spirit drops.

    It feels so shit getting it as a drop, i'd rather recieve nothing honnestly. I don't need PvM to be even more profitable, I just want to feel rewarded for my efforts.

    submitted by /u/420aidslol
    [link] [comments]

    I want to say congratz to my friends, don't you?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    I would love to see the option to right click a friend's broadcast and send that player a message. Sometimes it takes me a while to find that person in my friend list.

    I already submitted this to the dojo. I posted it here to get community feedback and to see if it resonates.

    submitted by /u/imurse
    [link] [comments]

    I did the damn thing!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    Would be nice to see clan members assorted by not just ranks, but also date of joining (chronologically) so its quick and easy to see who has been around a while.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    So I tried to go to War's Retreat (after switching to compatibility mode post-crash) and.... Uh.. Interesting textures?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Is this the worst elite clue reward?

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    Archaeology Research luck

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    I imagine my WG summons the elements to weave his world guardian attire

    Posted: 25 Jun 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Finally stopped using revolution today

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    I'm going to start off by saying, I had no intention of playing RS3 until the free 14 days of membership through twitch prime was offered. Now, I'm so incredibly glad I did. For the past two weeks I have been playing this game like crazy.

    Now, when I first started back two weeks ago, I had my old account that I haven't played on since before RS3 was released. I've dabbled in OSRS here and there over the years, but never stuck around long. So my initial reaction to RS3 was how in the heck I'm I going to adjust to all these new additions?

    First off, I found the new combat system wasn't so bad with revolution on, but as time passed over these two weeks, I grew frustrated with the amount of times abilities were wasted. Such as when a high damage ability with a decent CD is used on a minion with 10hp, or when I'm specifically targeting one thing and an AOE spell is cast, aggroing a bunch of nonsense that I didn't want to attack.

    Well boys, about an hour ago that all changed. Wanna know what finally pushed me over he edge? A little slayer task that I had no encountered before. Spiritual warriors. I said okay, let me pull up the wiki to figure out how to find them and the best gear to slay them. I was all set to head out and proceeded to the God Wars Dungeon. Having been here only once, many years ago, I had no idea what to expect.

    I lowered myself down and said holy crap, this is a big clustered mess. Finally I situated myself into a place to finally start slaying the warriors, but quickly encountered a pressing issue. I KEEP AGGROING THE WRONG MINIONS. Every time I engaged one warrior, I would end up having to run across the dungeon just to deaggro the minions I couldn't/shouldn't kill. Finally I had enough and turned off revolution.

    Guys. Holy. Crap. This is so much better! For one, DPS is obviously higher. Two, I finally started learning the abilities and their strengths/weaknesses per the situation. I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert with manual abilities so far, but it literally took me five minutes of slaying to figure out decent ability usage.

    I'm never going back. Please, everyone, attempt to go manual. It's not as difficult as you think for basic situations. Thanks for listening to my strange rambling.

    submitted by /u/FadedVictor
    [link] [comments]

    Auto Fletching machine for invention guild?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Mk1 Auto Fletcher

    Insert logs and select between arrow shafts, shortbows (u), or longbows (u).

    Mk2 Auto Fletcher

    Some options for variety here but due to technical limitations of trying to get this done without engine work, I'd say Devs choice. We could either just increase the speed that it operates or mk 2 could have the ability to attach feathers to arrow shafts and string bows.

    Thoughts

    Balancing is up for debate but I was thinking lately, we have auto dissassemblers, auto alchers, auto plank makers, Auto partial potion producers, Auto hide tanners... Why not add a fletcher?

    The main purpose of this addition would be to reduce the strenuous part of fletching (arrow shafts), and another method of getting additional invention components. This will stand out for users who like to do things themselves because it is cheaper and for ironmen. One anticipated workflow may be:

    Miscellania Maple Logs > Auto Fletcher into Longbows > Auto Disassembler. This is one step in a process where players are paying gold for managing miscellania and divine charges to upkeep two machines.

    submitted by /u/Im_DuBoss
    [link] [comments]

    I love that you can now invite people to clan by typing their name on the same world. Also the invite message is a nice green colour love it.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment